Thursday, February 14, 2013

New hope for the coming spring!!

We are gearing up again with high hopes for a fantastic summer.  We have secured a new location for our bees near fields of irrigated alfalfa and abundant sweet clover.  We are anticipating a harvest over 100 gallons for 2013!!

I am currently working on a deal to purchase several hives leaving the almonds.  My plan is to make splits and have some nucs available about mid to late April, so if you are interested drop me an email.  We will have a limited quantity as I want to keep most for myself and build back our inventory after such a dismal summer last year.  If all goes well, I will be purchasing my queens from Steve Taber @ Honey Bee Genetics, I really like his bees, especially his Russians.  Last spring was such a bust trying to get queens from Russell Apiaries, don't think I will ever use them again.

Anyway, I am such a terrible photo taker, I always hope to fill this blog with lots of photos, but then the opportunity passes and I never even got my camera out.......Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment